Saturday, December 19, 2015

Max Lucado's The Christmas Candle movie

The Christmas Candle, the book was written by Max Lucado, and now it is a heartwarming movie fit for the whole family to see. The story is set in England, in the village of Gladbury, where an angel visits a candlemaker's shop every 25 years and touches one candle. If the person who receives the candle lights it and prays, they will receive a miracle.

A new priest in the village, played by Hans Matheson, is struggling with his own spiritual doubts. I have dealt with my own spiritual battles and doubts, and can identify with how this priest feels, but with different reasons.

There are Christmas miracles in this wonderful movie, and a message of hope when there is unbelief. It has captured my heart and imagination. The music is beautiful, and even includes Susan Boyles as one of the characters singing a touching song.

I give this movie a 5 Paws Up. Viewing The Christmas Candle will become a family tradition for years to come. (I use "Paws Up" instead of stars or thumbs up for my rating scale. Five Paws Up is the best rating.)

The Christmas Candle trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment