Saturday, November 28, 2015

What I Am Thankful For...

Photo by Tracey R. Simmons
This is how Hope looked before we
found out she had EPI.
This Thanksgiving season, I am thankful my deaf dog – Hope is doing so much better, health wise, after three months of non-stop diarrhea and severe weight lose. The vet figured out the problem – Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency. It took another five months for Hope’s weight to return to her adoptive weight, and it was because of the enzymes now being put on her food.

Hope entertaining Miss Pippin O'Chi
Photo by Tracey R. Simmons 2015











     
I am thankful for Diane who runs www.enzymediane.com  a business started to help those who have an animal like Hope, whose pancreas don’t work properly. She provides the enzymes needed for these animals to digest their food at a lower price, much lower then pharmaceutical companies whose only intention is making a profit. (Both get the pancreases from the same slaughterhouses.) She does it to help people who would be otherwise forced to put their beloved pet down, because they can’t afford several hundred dollars a month to keep their animal alive. Plus, her product works much better than the pharmaceutical companies – I know this to be a fact, because Hope started out on the prescription enzymes and now uses EnzymeDiane’s product.

Baby Pippin just after adoption
Photo by Tracey R. Simmons 2015
I am thankful for little Pippin O’Chi, who has brought such joy after death snatched my young and beloved Koda from me. Pippin’s love has been a balm to this broken heart. I am so glad ‘third time was the charm’ for me to adopt Miss Pippin. (Hey Pippin, could you quit eating Hope’s doggie landmines? It’s a nasty habit, and it makes your breath very odoriferous.)


Just a few of my favorite
Christmas DVDs and CDs
Lastly, I am thankful for Christmas movies and music. Break out the DVDs and the CDs!

No comments:

Post a Comment