Saturday, July 15, 2017

Hash Brown Egg Scramble

The ingredients for this recipe are for one person, adjust as you need for your appetite, or the number of people you are preparing this meal for:

2 Organic Farm Fresh Eggs
Organic Cheddar Cheese or cheese of choice
Organic Frozen Hash Browns
Organic Olive Oil
Himalayan Salt (Healthier for you)
Organic Pepper




I use an oval shaped cast iron skillet with a cooking surface 9 inches long and 7 inches wide at the middle width.


1.  In a cast iron skillet, add olive oil and *frozen brown hash browns, cook using low heat, stir as needed. (The amount will vary depending on your desires. I fill the whole surface of the skillet, which may seemed to be a lot, but as the hash browns cook, they shrink down.)

*I have tried making my own fresh organic grated shredded potatoes to make the hash browns, but they do not crisp up like I enjoy.

      2.  In a bowl, scramble the two eggs.


     3.  Once hash browns are cooked to your liking - I like them to be somewhat crisp, then pour scrambled eggs over the hash browns.
      4.     Add cheddar cheese, or cheese of choice. The amount will, again, depend on your taste.



      5.     Add salt and pepper to taste.

      6.     Continue cooking on low heat and stir ingredients until cooked through. (I do not like “wet” scrambled eggs, so I cook them until they are “dry.”)

      7.     Serves 1.


(This is my basic recipe, which I like just the way it is, but you could add other items.)


No comments:

Post a Comment